Friday, July 25, 2008

Must-go destination for foodies: St. Lawrence Market

The first time I went to St. Lawrence Market, I didn't know where to start: there were all kinds and cuts of meat, fresh seafood and even baked goodies, just on the main floor. I got down to the lower level and there was caviar, gourmet coffee, Japanese, Chinese and Greek take-out, even a Ukrainian deli. What to do?

I always say, when in doubt, eat. So I went to the Chinese take-out and got lunch for about eight dollars, found a spot to sit down and enjoyed my noodles and barbecue pork. Afterwards, I had a cappuccino and a brownie from the gourmet coffee shop. On the way out, I bought a pound of freshly made pasta to cook at home. I was inspired to make something great for our dinner table and I knew I had found the right stuff.