Thursday, August 7, 2008

Caffe Demetre: great desserts and more!

A friend of mine was raving about Caffe Demetre: "You just have to go there! Whenever they serve my order, I feel like crying because I'm so happy!". I've never seen anyone so passionate about their desserts before, so I thought I'd give Caffe Demetre a shot. It's just a few steps away from the Chester station, right in the heart of Greektown. If you''ve never been there before, it might take a while to swim through the menu. But, if you want to make it simple, all you need to decide is: do you want 1, 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream? Next, do you want it in a waffle, a crepe or a split? On a hot summer day, dessert shouldn't be too complicated. And it isn't at Caffe Demetre. They also have a cake selection if you're not into frozen calories. Once you've given your order, the next best thing to do is to lay back and enjoy the funky decor and do what people do in Greektown: watch people go by on the sidewalk.